Lodging a Development Application in Sydney
In New South Wales, most development will require a development application to be lodged with the Council.
The application will be assessed under the Council’s Local Environmental Plan (LEP) and Development Control Plans (DCPs), as well as State Environmental Planning Policies (SEPPs).
The DCP will prescribe which applications require public notification.
The application may involve the use of land, the erection of buildings, site works and subdivision.
New South Wales Development Applications
PPLAN is able to help you submit Development Applications for the following types of developments:
Do you need Development Consent?
How PPLAN Can Help Your DA
The NSW Development Application Process
Where a development consent is required in New South Wales, we will:
- Complete all necessary development application forms
- Liaise with the Private Certifier if required
- Prepare a submission supporting the application, responding to the Local Environmental Plans (LEP), Development Control Plans (DCP) and State Environmental Planning Policy (SEPP)
- Prepare submissions to support a Variation to a Development Standard under an LEP
- Complete associated application forms for plumbing, driveway, stormwater and erosion and sediment control
- Complete a BASIX assessment to ensure houses meet energy and water sustainability requirements
- Check compliance with covenant requirements where these have been imposed by the Council
- Undertake a self-assessable bushfire assessment
- Lodge the development application document
- Liaise and negotiate outcomes with Council during the application assessment process
Other NSW Development Advice
Once an application has been assessed and approved, we will review the conditions and advise whether any further representations need to be made to Council.
It is important your application is properly made with all the relevant information included.
A poorly made application can be rejected after a couple of weeks, which means you lose valuable time and money.
PPLAN will look after your DA all the way.
Sydney | Greater Sydney | Central Coast | Hunter regions | Newcastle | NSW North Coast | Tweed | Lismore