However a development application may be required for domestic development by the local Council where an Overlay applies.
These include for example Overlays protecting the heritage or character of an area, biodiversity and scenic values.How PPLAN can help your QLD DA Do you need a Development Application?
There are generally two types of development applications in Queensland:
This involves assessing an application against prescribed standards either in the Council Planning Scheme and/or State regulations
This involves a broad assessment of the impacts under the Council Planning Scheme and/ State regulations and includes public notification and possible third party submissions and appeals
The application may involve a material change to the use of land, the erection of buildings, site works (operational work) and subdivision (reconfiguring a lot)
Typically an application is required for the following types of development:
- Houses in character suburbs, environmentally sensitive areas and on small lots
- Development impacting on the appearance of heritage buildings
- Duplexes, townhouses, and apartments
- Shops, restaurants and other retail premises
- Professional offices, medical centres, gyms and other related services
- Factories, warehouses, service premises and other industrial buildings
Where a development consent is required in Queensland, we will:
- Complete all necessary development application forms
- Liase with the private certifier if required
- Prepare a submission supporting the application, responding to the Planning Scheme, Temporary Local Planning Instrument, State Planning Policy or Regional Plan
- Prepare submissions to support a performance based solution under the Planning Scheme
- Check compliance with any covenant requirements
- Lodge the development application documents
- Liaise and negotiate outcomes with Council during the application assessment process
Depending on the nature of the application, it may require referral to other government agencies and the preparation of specialist reports, for example bushfire assessment; environmental impacts and traffic studies.
Once an application has been assessed and approved, we will review the conditions and advise whether any further representations need to be made to Council.
The proposal can then be lodged with either:
- A Private Certifier for a Development Permit for Building Work; or
- A Land Surveyor to prepare a subdivision plan
We also provide services for
- Impact Assessable Applications
- Realignment of a Boundary
- Response to Show Cause Notices
- Response to Enforcement Notices
It is important your application is properly made
with all the relevant information included.
A poorly made application can be rejected after a couple of weeks, which means you lose valuable time and money.
Brisbane | Gold Coast | Sunshine Coast | South East Queensland
PPLAN will look after your DA all the way.Contact PPLAN