Planning Permit Application Services for Melbourne and Victoria

Do you need to lodge a VIC Planning Permit Application?

In Victoria, a planning permit application is not necessarily required for residential development and a building permit application can be made directly to your Council or a Private Building Surveyor.
However, planning permit application will be required for residential development by the local Council if

  • On a lot less than 300m2
  • Where an Overlay applies
  • Development proposes two or more dwellings


These include for example

  • Overlays protecting the heritage character of an area
  • Bushfire management
  • Special Building Overlay (overland flooding)
  • Vegetation protection

The planning permit application will be assessed against the relevant municipal planning scheme, which includes the relevant policies and decision guidelines.

For residential development and residential subdivision the Rescode design guidelines are included within the planning scheme.

The planning scheme will also prescribe which applications are exempt from public notification and third party appeal rights.


PPLAN Town Planners for Town Planning Development Applications NSW VIC QLD

Do you have a development proposal?
Contact us for a Quote or Advice.

We can provide likely application fees and charges, how the process works and suggest changes and/or modifications that will increase your chances of success.

Email us your proposal details for a quote and advice.